Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Oye....


Working five days a week away from home...no, I don't mean outside the house, I mean having to actually overnight in the city where the job is type of working away from home...cuts into everything else.

Anyway, things are moving along on the soap front.

This is my logo. Is it cool or what? I just love it.

Next on my list is a color printer so the logo will look sharp and crisp on my labels.

I made another batch of soap today. This one is scented with vetiver and tangerine. Vetiver is an earthy, smokey scent. And tangerine is...well, if you don't know what tangerines smell like I wouldn't know what to say. ;-)

I also made a few lotion sticks. I put them in the roll up tubes like chap stick comes in. I scented the lotion with lavender.

I'll take enough supplies with me this week to make a few more lotions, and some lip balm.

And today something amazing and wonderful happened. A stranger had tried a sample of my soap. He made a special trip back to where he was given the free sample just to find out where he could buy the soap. He said he and his family loved it. Yay.

That is enough to make me want to make lots more soap. Too bad I don't make the kind he likes so well now.

Okay, I hear at least one person asking why on earth I'd quit making it if someone obviously likes it. Simple. The soap I make now is better. It's made with better base oils and instead of using fragrence oils, I use essential oils. The soaps are just better.

It's way past my bed time...but I figured while I had a couple minutes to call my own, I'd blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home