Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Friday, November 16, 2007

I knew it would happen

Yes, I lost my blog look. It's gone.

I hope you like or can tolerate the new look.

This week has been a week of bringing in the food. Okay, buying the food. I bought a couple turkeys. We smoke our Thanksgiving turkey. We can smoke two for the same price as we smoke one.

I didn't have room in the freezer for two turkeys so one is in the back of my car. That's the beauty of living in Alaska. This time of year we never run out of freezer space. We have the big outdoors available.

Speaking of Thanksgiving...we don't know what we're doing yet. Sometime today the schedule for next week will come out. I think I have everything we need. For whenever we have Thanksgiving at our house.

Here in Alaska, especially this far out of town, everything is nice and white. Looking out my door or windows the season is here.

At work the other day a co-worker who has only been here a couple months said that winter was really here now. I bit my tongue so I wouldn't laugh. All I can say to that is maybe. In this part of Alaska next week we can have 40 degree days and rain. All the snow could be gone. This is one of the banana belts of Alaska. Snow today isn't a true prediction of what tomorrow or next week has in store for us.

1 Comments:

At 6:05 AM , Blogger Jo said...

We use our balcony as an extra freezer in the winter. Very useful. Be it for food or a quick chill of champagne.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home