Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

This and That

I took the grandkids to another birthday party today.

They had a blast and loved the party gifts. They didn't want to play pin the tail on the donkey, but when musical chairs were played, that was a different story. At least for the eldest. It's so much fun to watch them laugh and play.

Speaking of playing, I received a couple of new fragrances today. Now I want to make soap and lotion. I can't wait to try out the new fragrances. But I have to wait. I have another box arriving with some wickedly wonderful stuff for lotion.

I hope this last week isn't a sign of the winter to come. We've had snow. And more snow. And even more snow. At least it's been light snow, but still, I'm not ready for snow. This is one of the banana belts of Alaska. Where's the rain that usually melts the snow?

Sadly I have to work Thanksgiving Day. Worse yet, I have to work Black Friday. I hate shopping. I hate crowds. Why in the hell am I in retail right now? This is not a good time of the year to be in retail.

The research for the writing is going slow. On the days I get to research it goes pretty smoothly. Too bad there are too many days between research days.

Here's to calmer days.

3 Comments:

At 2:26 AM , Blogger Marilyn Z. Tomlins said...

I left a comment and it disappeared, so should it suddenly turn up, I will run the risk of repeating myself by leaving another.

I said that I've always wanted to visit Alaska because I love cold weather. I love rain, snow, a blizzard.

I also said that I'm a soap enthusiast - not the tv kind, but the washing kind. At the moment my favorite scent is violet, but I just know that I will soon be back with roses.
Marilyn

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Silly Yak Tales said...

Well Jody, it is good you are having snow because it will help the polar bears, seals etc. I worry for them.

I hate winter but now I worry for all the animals depending on the water as I have never seen this river as shallow as it is.

I also need to get making soap and lotion.

Randi

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Satima Flavell said...

Jody, you are very brave working in retail at all! As a teenager I was fired from Woolworths - twice! So I've never tried it again. It's too scary - all those pople waving goods and money at you and wanting attention...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home