Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday, Monday

Gotta love Mondays. Okay, so we don't have to love them at all.

I know what I want to do. If I'm lucky, I might actually be able to make money doing it. That would border on being pretty cool. Make money doing what you enjoy doing. What a concept.

Well, there's only one problem. This wonderful state where I live has one big drawback. When suppliers learn one lives in Alaska they love jacking the freight up to levels that makes a trip to the moon appear affordable.

I'm spending a lot of time trying to find suppliers who don't want to charge more for the freight than for the product. I might have to call Costco in Anchorage and see if they can get what I need, then pay the shipping from Anchorage to Homer. A lot cheaper than the options I've seen so far.

So...tomorrow, I work on suppliers and fine tune the business plan.

Damn. Double damn.

BTW, it's great being home. All the snags I'm running into are just that...snags. Little problems that can be solved. Maybe on easily, but they're managable as long as I'm home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home