Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The other side of Alaska

Friends, there are many beautiful things about and in Alaska.

There are also many ugly things and events.

Here is one that defies logic or words. I'd barely unpacked my suitcases in Dillingham when I heard the news of Pamela's death. During the nine plus months, I've missed her many times. She was not only my webmistress, but she was a dear friend. I'm known for mouthing off when mad. Pamela was the exact opposite. She was cool and calm during times that I fumed and cursed.

Losing her to an accident was bad enough. Now that the truth is finally out, I don't know what to say. She was murdered...by her son. As outraged as I am...as upset as I feel...there's one thing I can't ever forget...Pamela was his mother and knowing Pamela, I'm sure she died being his mother...trying to help her son. What a waste. The one person who loved him unconditionally, and would move heaven and earth to help him, is the one who ended her life.

Someone asked me earlier if I thought she was scared of him. I said, "No. I never detected her ever being scaref of him, only scared for him."

Keep your loved ones close to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home