Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mendenhall Glacier Waterfall


Click on any image to enlarge.

Most people go to Mendenhall Glacier to see the glacier. Their goal is to get as close to it as possible.

The glacier is impressive. But for some reason I'm drawn to the waterfall. I want to get closer and closer to it, but for right now, standing at a distance is fine. In time, I'll get as close to it as possible.

Even from this distance I can hear the water as it cascades down the mountain. One of these days, I want to feel the spray on my face.

To get an idea how large the waterfall really is, enlarge the picture and count the people. Those dots really are people.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home