Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Last weekend


Last weekend was a typical Juneau day. Rainy, chilly and very gray. This picture was taken from the Costco parking lot. Even on a day such as last weekend, there are plenty of photo ops. This represents southeast Alaska, if not more than, pictures of a clear blue sky.

Some think I'm nuts, but I find the rain as beautiful as the pictures most of the tourists love of clear skies.

The lush green trees are because we do have all these cloudy, rainy days. And after spending so many years in Homer and dealing with the fire danger there, I love seeing the rain here. There's a comfort when I here the sirens, and see the fire trucks. So far we've been wet enough I don't worry if a fire will get out of control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home