Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Some blue in the skies

And after yesterday, it's a welcome relief.

The first event was crossing the bridge. We had heavy rains and strong cross winds. Over the last few months I've heard that so far vehicles haven't been blown into the channel, but a few have been blown into the guard rails on the bridge. Oh great. Yesterday was a two handed driving day. Especially on the bridge. The worst thing about crossing it was knowing I had to come back across when I finished my errands and then cross it one more time when it was time to go to work.

It was also a reminder about why I want off Douglas Island before winter hits. I don't want to drive across that damned bridge when it's covered with ice and winds roar down the channel. Plus I'd like to live in a spot where there's a chance to get direct winter sun light. It won't happen on Douglas. They have zero direct sun light in the winter time. And they also make their own weather over here. The rest of the Juneau area can be clear, but on Douglas we'll have rain and more rain.

But today, I came home, slept for about four hours and woke up. Why couldn't I sleep? Uh...why was there so much light coming in the window. I peered out. Holy shit! Could it be? Was it really? Yes, I looked out and saw patches of blue sky.

I can't sleep, so I think I'll spend some of the blue sky afternoon doing what I should have done a week ago. I'm going to go see a doctor and get something to kick this bugs ass. Yes, it's still hanging on and I'm sick of it. No pun intended. Well, maybe a little pun was intended. But not much of one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home