Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Above the mountain tops

On the way home this morning I stared in awe. I saw the tops of the mountains. I saw empty space between the mountain tops and the gray overcast clouds.

The last day that it didn't rain and the skies were blue was July 28th. The time before that? I don't remember. But it was at least two weeks.

It stopped raining sometime yesterday, August 19th, between 0930 and 1600. This is the longest stretch without rain since July 28th. I'm almost hopeful that today might be a rainfree day.

I know I need to get to sleep so I can work tonight. But everything in me wants to change clothes, drive over to Auke Bay and go out whale watching. They leave in two hours and they won't get back until after 1900 tonight. I have to sleep. I don't want to sleep.

I look at my pay stub. I have the hours to take a sick day. But I'm not sick. Except I was. I was sick of the rain and the low clouds.

Right now the clouds are high in the sky. There's so much to see. Which means there has to be so much to do.

I'm going to bed. Please let the day be as gorgeous when I wake up. Please, please, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home