Ramblings from a former Alaskan

The occasional ramblings, thoughts, rants, etc., from an independent who has lived all over the country.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Random thoughts from a twisted hungry mind

Working nights.

The positive thing about working nights is that it's supposed to give you permission to sleep during the day.

Cool. Except. Sleeping during the day is only fun and slightly sinful when you've spent the night hours having fun. Working nights isn't usually considered fun.

But. When you work nights it means you can eat burritos at seven a.m. and it's normal.

You can also eat breakfast at any time of the day or night and it's considered normal.

It's okay to cook and eat a chicken pot pie before 10 a.m.

It's not okay to crave Chinese delivery before 8 a.m. Well, it's okay, it' just won't get delivered in a timely fashion. Ditto Godfather's pizza.

It took me from May 13th until September 1st to realize I can pick up the phone, dial a number and have food delivered to my door. I still haven't had it done yet...since they don't deliver before 8 a.m., but I can have it done.

Subway has a drive thru window.

Breeze-In has the best bagels I've ever had and a selection of cream cheese that is out of this world. My favorite is their raspberry bagel with raspberry whipped cream cheese. I'm still waitinig to strike it rich and go in when they have chocolate whipped cream cheese to go with the raspberry bagel.

My favorite meal is still a container of grape tomatoes and garlic bread.

I have to...okay Lori don't fall out of your chair with this one...remind myself to eat meat at least once a week.

Unless I'm sick and then I just have to remind myself to eat at least once in every 24 hour period.

Obviously, I'm getting better because I'm thinking of food.

Delivery would be very nice. But a big fat juicy burger from the Douglas Cafe might have to do. Take out of course. Hold the fries. I'd rather have a container of Ben and Jerry's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home